CALL OUT FOR ASSOCIATED EVENTS – YEAR OF THE RAT 2020
We are preparing for the 13th edition of the Dublin Chinese New Year festival which will mark the Year of the Rat, the first in the 12-year cycle of Chinese zodiac!
We are seeking applications from organisations and individuals interested in hosting their own event as part of the 2020 Dublin Chinese New Year Festival’s associated events programme.
To be eligible to apply, associated events must celebrate the Chinese New Year, Sino-Irish relations and celebrate cultures that observe the Lunar New Year or the Year of the Rat.
Celebrations for the Year of the Rat will take place from 25 January till 9 February 2020. The festival will feature signature events featuring all art forms from film, talks and visual art to music, dance and sport over a two-week period. Traditional and contemporary Chinese cultural activities will be at the heart of the festival including festivities and ceremonies, Chinese opera and singing, karaoke competition, culinary delights, arts and crafts, chess competitions, lion dances, dragon parades, calligraphy and children’s events.
With an Audience of over 16,000 in 2018 and an audience of 25,000 in 2019, the Dublin Chinese New Year associated events programme is an opportunity for you to be part of the largest celebration of the Lunar New Year in Europe.
Benefits of participating in DCNYF 2020 include:
- Listing of your event in the DCNYF festival programme, both the print brochure and online
- Listing including link to your website from the DCNYF website
- Copies of the festival brochure for distribution through your organisation
- DCNYF 2020 logo to use on your marketing materials
- Involvement in a festival with national and international stature
- Submitting an associated event application does not guarantee inclusion in the Dublin Chinese New Year Festival programme.
- Event acceptance into the Dublin Chinese New Year Festival associated events programme is at the discretion of the Festival Organisers and Advisory Panel
- Associated events are not funded by the Festival Organisers.
- Applications received after the closing date will only be considered for website event listing.
- Associated event organisers must accept the terms and conditions.
HOW TO APPLY
You will be notified of the outcome of your application by Wednesday October 30th:
Read the Dublin Chinese New Year Festival 2020 Associated Events TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Complete and submit the ONLINE APPLICATION FORM which includes your event details (event name and proposed date/s).
If successful, you will be asked to complete the following:
- Review and approve your print programme copy and listing.
- Confirm receipt of the Dublin Chinese New Year Festival associated event logos and style guide for use on your marketing materials
- Supply proof of your public liability insurance.
For further information, please contact email@example.com